bring out the deep glossy shine of latex, first wipe off any powder from
the outside with a soft, damp cloth. Using a silicone based polish, spray
the outside of the garment liberally and wipe gently with a soft cloth.
A second coat applied with the hands will bring up an even deeper shine.
Facts: Listed below are some important facts
that the wearer of a latex garment should know to ensure the maximum
quality of life of the garment.
- It is easier to put on a tight
garment if the inside is lightly dusted with cornstarch. Note: do
NOT use baby powder, or other powders, as they turn into a paste
grease, abrasives and solvents DESTROY latex.
- Keep away from naked flame and
- Latex tears easily; remove ANY
jewelry before putting on the garment.
- Polishing latex IS necessary
to prevent cracking.
garments should be washed by hand after each use in lukewarm water
with no soap and hung to dry. When completely dry, lightly powder
the inside; polish the outside and hang in a dark, dry place.
- Storage near dyed garments may
- Latex may discolor, and eventually
perish, if exposed to heat, sunlight and light with a high UV content.
- Latex permanently stains when
in contact with copper, brass or bronze.
- Water-based lubricants are not
harmful to latex.